2012 International Ph.D. Intensive School
AGEING SOCIETY: ISSUES, THEORIES AND PRACTICES FOR AN ACTIVE AGEING
With the support and patronage of:
A joint-program promoted by:
· Dipartimento di Psicologia – Universitą degli Studi di Torino
· Dipartimento Interateneo di Scienze, Progetto e Politiche del Territorio – Politecnico di Torino / Universitą degli Studi di Torino
of Engineering, Division of
Human Mechanical Systems and Design –
Italiano di Tecnologia
Main goal of the School is to offer a full overview of the methodological, conceptual and practical approaches to the ageing of the society:
- Presenting new research frontiers that are already consolidated at deployment level
- Fostering the acquisition of new skills, both from methodological (how to develop new research themes within the ageing society area) and an applicative (how to apply theoretical results to actual issues) perspective.
Two additional aims make the School an excellent learning platform, enriched by the opportunity of a dialogue with the stakeholders involved in the process as well as with the attending international students and facilitators:
1) To significantly promote international collaboration among young Italian and foreign researchers providing them with a specific context
2) To promote the theoretical and the methodological knowledge and competence of participants by providing them a setting for introducing and discussing their own research projects with expert scholars and peers, and for receiving advice and suggestions about one’s own research questions, hypotheses and research design.